This page is dedicated to the ancestors and decendents of JACOB MYERS/MEYERS who was born FEB 1831/33 in Philadelphia, PA and died 30 JUN 1909 in St. Louis, MO and was burried in Calvary Cemetery (Section 5, Lot H) on 02 JUL 1909. Jacob's father was listed as Jacob also on his death certificate. His father was poss. born in Maryland per the census records. Jacob was a carpenter most of his life and also worked for the Missouri Pacific Railroad for quite a few years.
JACOB MYERS married abt. 1855 possibly in Philadelphia, PA to a MARY J. FARLEY who was born approx.1839 in Ireland and died on 19 NOV 1893 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Calvary Cemetery. Mary is a possible daughter of Matthew Farley (B. Abt. 1817 in Ireland and died 30 OCT 1887 in St. Louis, MO and burried somewhere in ALton, IL), as he is listed at the same 3312 Rutger address when he died as where the Myers' were residing in the later 1800's.
Together JACOB and MARY had 5 surviving children as follows:
1. James J. MYERS who was born 05 DEC 1858/60 in Philadelphia, PA and died 30 JAN 1922 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Calvary Cemetery. James Married a Mary Elizabeth MACKEY approx. 1886 in an unknown location. Mary was born 13 AUG 1863/60 in Alton, IL and passed away on 23 DEC 1937 and is burried with her husband James. Together they had 2 children:
i. Blanche MYERS (B. Apr 1888 in St. Louis,MO; D. unk.). Blanche was 1st married on 04 JAN 1906 in St. Louis, MO to Peter HERMANSDOERFER / HERMANDOFFER. Together they had 1 child: Edward Hermansdoerfer (B. 1907 in St. Louis, MO; D. NOV 1973 in St. Louis, MO.). Edward later took the Myers name and became Edward Myers, Sr. who married to Amelia HENKE. Blanche after divorcing Peter, then remarried to Phillip MATHEUS and had no more children.
ii. Raymond John MYERS (B. 26 FEB 1896 in St. Louis, MO; D. 08 JUN 1958 in St. Louis, MO, and is burried in Calvary Cemetery). Raymond on 24 JUL 1915 in St. Louis, MO married Isabelle SCHMID then divorced her on 24 NOV 1915. (There could be one possible child from this short marriage as indicated by divorce records.). Raymond then married (the date is uncertain, all I could find in church records is 28 APR 1922 in St. Louis, MO.) to Catherine Neva HAYES (B. 18 NOV 1899 in Vanderburg County, IN; D. 13 JAN 1976 and is burried in Calvary Cemetery). Raymond and Catherine then had nine children as follows:
1. Raymond Loraine MYERS (B. 27 DEC 1916 in St. Louis, MO.). Raymond never married nor had children.
2. Harold Jackson MYERS, Sr. (B. 12 MAY 1918 in St. Louis, MO; D. 11 SEP 1987 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in St. Matthew Cemetery). Harold Myers, Sr. on 17 SEP 1938 in St. Louis, MO married Eleanor Gladys WOLF (B. 01 NOV 1920 in St. Louis, MO; D. 17 MAR 1998 in St. Louis, MO, and was cremated at Hillcrest Abbey Crematory). Harold and Eleanor had 5 surviving children (a. Elaine Marlyn Myers), (b. Janet Myers born and died 09 MAR 1942), (Harold Jackson Myers, Jr. "Buzzy"), (Arthur Charles Myers born 1952, died 1998), and (Cynthia Kay Myers).
3. Wilhemina "Minnie" MYERS (B. St. Louis, MO). Minnie married Tony DROSTE and had 3 children: (a. Karen Droste), (b. Tony Droste, Jr.), and (c. Daryll Droste).
4. Lucille "Sis" MYERS (B. St. Louis, MO). Sis married Jim SALYERS.
5. Catherine MYERS (B. St. Louis, MO). Catherine married Frank CELANO.
6. Donnel MYERS (B. 14 SEP 1931 in St. Louis, MO; D. 18 MAR 1991 in St. Louis, MO.). Donnel never married nor had children.
7. Norman "Buddy" MYERS (B. 02 OCT 1933 in St. Louis, MO; D. 06 FEB 1937 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Calvary Cemetery).
8. Robert MYERS (B. St. Louis, MO)
9. Loretta MYERS (B. St. Louis, MO). Loretta was 1st married on to Wayne PINNON then divorced and married a Mr. WILLIAMS then divorced and married Dave REDFERN
2. George W. MYERS (B. OCT 1863 in St. Louis, MO; D. unk.). George married approx. 1888 to a Nancy Unknown(B. AUG 1868 in MO; D. ? ). Together they had 4 surviving children all born in St. Louis, MO:
i. George E. MYERS (B. JUN 1888; D. ? )
ii. William R. MYERS (B. JUN 1891; D. ? ). He was a Police Officer in St. Louis, MO.
iii. Mary MYERS (B. JAN 1896; D. ? )
iv. Isabelle MYERS (B. AUG 1899; D. ? ).
3. William MYERS (B. 1869 in St. Louis, MO; D. 06 JAN 1890 in St. Louis, MO).
4. Annie MYERS (B. abt. 1875 in St. Louis, MO; D. ? ).
5. Fredrick J. MYERS (B. 15 FEB 1877 in St. Louis; D. 26 FEB 1917 in St. Louis, MO, and burried in Calvary Cemetery). Fredrick on 14 JUN 1900 in St. Louis, MO. married Mary "Mamie" REGAN (B. 1877 in MO; D. unk.). Together Fredrick and Mary had 1 child:
i. John J. MYERS (B. 1902 in St. Louis, MO; D. unk.). John is rummored to have joined the Navy and moved afterwards to Indiana.
GenForum MYERS Page.: Myers info. exchange site.
Cindy Casey's MYERS Page:
Tina's - MYERS Page and Links:
BACK TO HOME PAGE
Sign My Guestbook View My Guestbook
[Next 5] [List Sites]