This page is dedicated to the decendents and further ancestry of NICHOLAS ERASTUS AUT who was born somewhere in Germany on June 2, 1855, and came to America when he was an infant in 1856. He later married an ANNA ELIZABETH "ELIZA" DEATON who was born on November 5, 1857 somewhere in Iowa and the daughter of JAMES DEATON from Ohio. They had a total of 9 surviving children out of 14 total, all born in St. Louis, Missouri. Nicholas who worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company as a District Supervisor passed away on February 2, 1920 of testicular cancer and was burried in Bethlehem Cemetery (Section 5A, Block 1, Lot 2) in St. Louis County Missouri. His wife ANNA ELIZABETH "ELIZA" soon followed and passed away from old age on September 13, 1936 and was burried at NICHOLAS' side.
The Children of Nicholas and Anna Elizabeth AUT
I. JOSEPHINE AUT (B. 25 SEP 1882 in St. Louis, MO; D. 27 May 1963 in Hayward, Alameda County, CA. and was cremated). She 1st married a William Heitmann abt. 1907 in St. Louis, MO. Josephine and William had 1 child;
1. Alvin Preston Heitmann (B. 12 OCT 1908 in St. Louis, MO; D. 12 JAN 1969 in CA and is burried in Mt. Vernon Cemetery in Carmichael, CA). Alvin was married on 28 SEP 1929 in St. Louis, MO to Annie Heiser (B. 05 MAR 1911 in North Adams, MA; D.) Alvin and Annie had 5 children;
Josephine's 2nd husband was Frank Erhart(Erhardt) (B. unknown; D. unknown, poss. death 14 Jul 1939 in St. Louis and burried in Calvary Cemetery). There were no children from this 2nd marriage.
Josephine was also an ordaned minister for the Church of Advaned Souls. She held services out of her living room for some time. She also supplemented her income by removing wax from peoples ears to restore their hearing. She would roll a sheet of thin wax into a roll and use it as a candle on the persons ear and the capillary action would pull the wax from the ear into the spaces in the rolled wax candle.
Also Alvins wife Annie was married a 2nd time to a Robert Nations who died in 1979 also in Mt. Vernon Cemetery. and Alvin possily had a 1st mariage before Annie to a Marie, but that was annuled for some reason.
II. JAMES C. AUT (b. abt. 1883 in St. Louis, MO; D. 20 SEP 1951 (burried at Bethlehem Cemetery). He 1st married a Alice Pfeiffer on 22 DEC 1902 in St. Louis, MO., had 2 children, then divorced prior to 1920. Alice was remarried to a Thomas Faulkenberry and possibly a Monroe Shy after divorcing James.
JAMES remarried 2nd to Pearl Jordan, there was a step-daughter named Marion (some say she was his daughter though).
JAMES and ALICE had 2 children;
1. Rosella Aut (B. 31 AUG 1903 in St. Louis, MO; D. JAN 1977 in St. Louis, MO). She maried Hunter Breckenridge (B. 28 AUG 1902, D. DEC 1967 in St. Louis, MO). Rosella and Hunter had 3 children.
2. Edward J. Aut (B. 26 AUG 1905 in St. Louis, MO; D. 27 APR 1971 in Phoenix, AZ, but is burried in Bethlehem Cemetery in St. Louis, MO) Edward married Adeline C. Westcott (B. 06 MAR 1907). They were married on 03 JU 1925/1926 in St. Louis, MO). Edward & Adeine had 2 children.
III. RICHARD FREDERICK AUT (B. 28 AUG 1884 in St. Louis, MO; D. 19 AUG 1951 in St. Louis, MO, and is burried at Gatewood Gardens (New Picker) Cemetery). Richard married Mary Ann Youngermann (B. 29 MAR 1885, D. 25 JUN 1971 in St. Louis, MO, and at the same cemetery). They married 11 DEC 1905 in St. Louis, MO. and had 3 children;
1. Viola Aut (B. 29 OCT 1906 in St. Louis, MO; D. 07 JAN 1987 in St. Louis, MO and is burried at Calvary Cemetery). Viola married on 16 JAN 1926 in St. Louis to George Murray (B. 17 MAY 1900 in Mitchell, IL, D. 13 JUN 1961 in St. Louis, MO and burried in Calvary Cemetery). Viola and George had 4 children.
2. Marie Aut (B. 13 MAY 1910 in St. Louis, MO; D. DEC 1981 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Bethlehem Cemetery). Maire married Edward Fiala (B. 30 AUG 1906, D. 23 FEB 1991 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Bethlehem Cemetery).
They had 1 child.
3. Augusta Aut (B. 02 OCT 1912 in St. Louis, MO; D. JUL 1977 in St. Louis, MO). Augusta married Norman Schmitt (B. 28 JUL 1910, D. 11 AUG 1989 in St. Louis, MO). They had nine children.
IV. ELEANOR AUT (B. 13 MAY 1887 in St. Louis, MO; D. 04 MAR 1963 in St. Louis, MO and is burried at Calvary Cemetery). Eleanor married 25 JUN 1912 in St Louis, MO to EMIL ALOYISIUS SELTER JR. (B. JUL 1890, D. 28 MAR 1961 in St. Louis, MO and is burried at Calvary Cemetery).
ELEANOR and EMIL had 3 children:
1. Lillian Catherine Selter (B. 22 SEP 1913 in St. Louis, MO) and married on 30 MAY 1937 in O'Fallon, IL to Bernard Henry Nienhaus (B. 03 DEC 1913, D. 14 APR 1973 in St. Louis, MO and is burried at Calvary Cemetery). They had two children (Judith and Bernard)
2. Marie Selter (B. 06 JAN 1915 in St. Louis, MO) married ???? to Charles Bernard Goodhart (B. 30 MAR 1915; D. OCT 1983 in St. Louis, MO and is burried in Sacred Heart Cemetery) They had 3 children.
3. Marcella Elizabeth Selter (B. 05 APR 1917 in St. Louis, MO; D. 04 DEC 1989 in St. Louis, MO) she married on 11 SEP 1937 in St. Louis, MO to John JosephDrozkowski (B. 14 SEP 1910 in St. Louis, MO; D. 12 JAN 1982 in St. Louis, MO; both are burried in Calvary Cemetery). They had 10 children, 6 surviving.
V. WILLIAM AUT (B. About 1888 in St. Louis, MO; D. 20 NOV 1935 in Centralia, IL and is burried in Hillcrest Cemetery). William married LUCILLE CARPENTER (B. 30 APR 1893 in Centralia, IL; D. OCT 1977 in Centralia, IL and is burried in Hillcrest Cemetery). They were married about 1910-1912 in St. Louis, MO or St. Clair County, IL.
William and Lucille had 1 Child:
1. JOHN AUT (B. 03 FEB 1913 in Centralia, IL). John married on 28 NOV 1938 in Baltimore, MD to Vivian Grace Brooks (B. 30 DEC 1914 in Centralia, IL; D. JAN 1998 in Centralia, IL). They had 1 child.